Thursday 19 June 2008

Paul Newman - Newmans Friend I Was Misquoted Over Cancer Confirmation


LATEST: A friend and business partner of movie veteran PAUL NEWMAN has fired back at reports he has confirmed the actor is battling cancer.

A.E. Hotchner claims he was misquoted in an Associated Press article, in which he reportedly said Newman is battling "a form of cancer and he's dealing with it."

The angry writer says, "I saw him (Newman) last week and he seemed fine. I have no knowledge of any diagnosis."

"The AP misquoted me. I have no knowledge of Mr. Newman being treated for any illness." Associated Press bosses are standing by their story.

Newman's health hit the headlines again at the beginning of the week when the Los Angeles Times newspaper reported the 83-year-old had been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. A representative for the actor refuses to confirm or deny the cancer reports, stating only that Newman is "doing nicely".





See Also